Saturday 23 July 2011

Fallschirmjagers Part Two

I have completed some more of my Fallschirmjagers, this time quite a few of them have the Lufftwaffe Blue coats on. I've done a bit of chopping and changing again, taking a FJ head, the one with goggles on his helmet, and sticking it on a Revell German body using pin & glue method. I have also chopped quite a bit off a kneeling bloke with binoculars and stuck him in a shallow foxhole- the foxhole is a metal one out of a Command Decision 15mm FJ bag- he just fits in there.
Work has begun on the Pegasus SS set #2, however I am finding having to glue that soft sort of plastic a bit of a drag. The figures are nicely animated but fiddly- I should have resisted and picked up the Caesar Germans instead. I don't think I can bring myself to do peadot on them all, maybe spring Oak Leaf?
I have further increased my stocks of Vallejo paints with another order to Maelstrom Games, and am trialing the Vallejo Matt Varnish on some figures. I also placed a small order with Grubby Tanks for some splendid looking metal British to supplement my plastics- there's even a stretcher bearer team.

As always your comments & questions are welcome. Oh yeah, and thanks to all who have visited and bumped the blog over the 10,000 mark :) Enjoy.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely job there mate. Fantastic, in fact. Little eagle on the uniforms 'n all. Oh, to be half as clever!

    Cheers,

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey JS, these are great, I really like the LW blue, and will be stealing some of your ideas,good work, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Dan & Nick.
    Dan I'd be happy for you to pinch ideas - I certainly take inspiration from your work. Did you notice Dan I'd trimmed back the oversized FG42s to give the impression of a rifle- the FG42s Italeri had sculpted were way out of scale, according to PSR 1.4m when they should've been 940mm.

    http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1733

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, looks much better, I can't wait to get into my FJs, but have to fight the urge, I have to many projects going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, all my FJs have only a very basic paint scheme

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just fantastic !!!! Very nice look !!!
    10,000 mark ! Congrats mate

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do look rather good! Can't wait to see your take on the excellent Kelly's Heroes figs though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking really good, just finished mine.

    ReplyDelete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...