Friday, 4 May 2012

Day Four of Hawker Typhoon Build...closer 'n closer...

Had a more leisurely evening, mainly because I gave the Typhoon a coat of satin acrylic varnish and it took a while to dry:


As you can see I used Jo Sonja's Acrylic Satin Varnish- works for me. This was a preparation for putting on the decals, plus providing a bit more protection to the model.

Once this was dry I applied the decals:




I'll do a bit more tomorrow- but not too much as my son & I are planning to go to the pictures to see the new Avengers movie in 3D...cool....:)

6 comments:

  1. Streaking ahead! US wartime production levels here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perahps, but with the one big difference, that only ONE is coming off the production line;)

      Delete
  2. Aww mate! Excellent work. Ha! You'll have time for another...and at the rate you're going, another again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooo Way. I only want one for Kampfgruppe Normandy, if I ever build another plane it would be an Auster Artillery Observation plane and a late model Spitfire.

      Beware the canopy, mine did not fit neatly, I have had to find a means of filling gaps!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...