Monday 11 June 2012

A Few more Germans...

I haven't painted much German stuff as the British are my favourites, but I have been slowly building up a German force which I can use when my friend "the Rajah" isn't available. My son has built up a useful US force- must take some pictures of the Shermans I painted up for him- which could be used against my German Kampfgruppe.
 Anyway, what we have here are two stands of German MG teams on the move, & three more singly based figures. The two kneeling bods were from the Italeri FJ set but have had head swaps & paint conversions.
All these figures are 1/72 plastics & to be honest I'm not even sure what all the manufacturers are- perhaps you'll recognise them.








15 comments:

  1. These are great. If I'm not mistaken they are a mix of Italeri and Caesar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blooming fantastic John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great work JS, brilliant figures, you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Dan, actually some of them were from that lot you swapped with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you put them to use, they all fit together nicely.

      Delete
  5. Nice!!! The uniform colours look spot on! Bravo Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice painting :)only one thing to critisize the painted insignia on the shoulder would show a Unterfeldwebel (Sergeant) with the insignia of a Gefreiter (Private) on his arm. http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:Unteroffiziere.jpg&filetimestamp=20060828095023

    this would be the right ones for your privates :) http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:Mannschaften.jpg&filetimestamp=20060828094854

    ReplyDelete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...