Saturday 1 November 2014

Dad's Army/Home Guard Commission

Even though my posts have been fewer of late, I have still been busy with hobby related activities.
I have been doing a lot of commission painting recently - actually over the last twelve months- which is brilliant as I am currently out of the workforce on "doctor's orders". I would quite like to paint as a part-time job if I could build up my client base over time. Anyway, at the moment I have been painting for a fellow Tasmanian wargamer & collector who has been great to work with and I can show you some sneak peeks of some stuff I have been working on for him.

What I can show you at the moment is a Dad's Army/Home Guard project using Wargames Foundry 28mm miniatures. They are great character figures and capture the look really well.


From L to R - Sgt Wilson, Cpt Mainwaring, Cpt Square, Fraser, Godfrey, Walker,
Pike, & Lance Corporal Jones.





This drawer contains the rest of the LRDG commission, Home Guard rank & file, civilians, dispatch rider, and even a telephone box.

I am also working on a Plastic Soldier Company Pak 38 & crew, a few British Commandos & other bits 'n bobs at present. Stay tuned.

PS If you know anyone who needs painting done at very reasonable prices drop me a line - email address is on the "Jacksarge's Painting Service" link :-)

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful figures and great paint job, details are most impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah they are awesome John. Brilliant work mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice John. 'Specially like the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, tried to make sure I got the colours about right.

      Delete
  4. Surprisingly good likenesses at this scale. I recognised most of those guys right off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Archduke. Yes, the Wargames Foundry versions have been round a while but I think they hold up rather well.

      Delete
  5. Where's the Butcher's Van? :-) Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doug, thanks.
      Didn't get sent a van to paint up, not sure if the customer already has one in his collection.

      Delete
  6. Lovely paint jobs, I can hear the tune in my head already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic. You've really got the characters to a T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou good sir!
      It does help that the sculpts are full of character as well as fun to paint :-)

      Delete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...