Friday 9 October 2015

Sicilian Moors

I recently finished painting some splendid 28mm sculpts from Perry & Footsore Miniatures to represent Sicilian Moors. It was a large project for me and kept me busy for quite a while, in the end I was very happy with how they turned out. The project was undertaken for Ben from Little Tin Men blog - I think Ben is a top notch painter, so I was a little nervous about painting stuff for him.
You will notice that most of the figures don't have shields, except where they are cast onto the figure, I painted the shields separately as Ben will be applying decals to these as well as doing the basing.
Ben sent me a number of useful reference pictures which really helped, especially with the decorative garb of the heavy cavalry.
I hope you enjoy them.



















10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks mate, I really appreciate the encouragement :-)

      Delete
  2. Amazing job on the clothes and horses, they look superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cavalry look really good, in fact all of them do
    keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really top notch work, and I love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence. I was using a few new colours I had picked up from the Reaper paints range.

      Delete
  5. Damn this is good....
    The tone down but still colourfull miniatures.

    ReplyDelete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...