Thursday 26 October 2017

A Viking Project - Part I

As I write I am nearing the end of this particular project, which has taken most of October for me to complete. This post contains the initial third of the project - I like to break it into chunks so that the miniatures will fit on the paint stands on my desk.
I have taken these pictures in front of my village backdrop on the garage gaming table, the others may have to done in my usual method as my son has taken over the gaming table with Lego at present :-)
I hope you enjoy this first part of the Viking commission. The miniatures are all 28mm metal, the "heroically naked" berserkers are from Wargames Foundry, the others are from Crusader Miniatures. The shields are all hand painted in reasonably simple designs. The other two thirds of the project will make use of shield decals. Bases are 3 mm thick mdf, 25 mm diameter. I used a combination of static flock and tufts from Leadbears Tufts, an Australian company.




















25 comments:

  1. Once again, wonderful figures and background, they look superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic painting as usual. The figures are actually Artizan rather than Crusader Miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, you are right, I was getting mixed up with a previous project :-P

      Delete
  3. Lookin' good. I'm quite fond of Crusader Miniatures. I have a bunch of their late Romans. They're quite plain I like figures that are not too busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look as fantastic as usual mate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work as ever.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done! I completely support the simple shield designs, since shields are disposable defense items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work John, I am just starting my own Viking collection so have got plenty of inspiration from your post.
    Thank you
    JJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jonathan. Hoping to post up some more pictures soon of the rest of the project.

      Delete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...