Saturday 2 June 2018

My 2nd Unit of Dwarves

Here's my 2nd unit of Middle Earth Dwarves - 12 figures with Lion or Dragon Rampant in mind. The shields are all freehand designs. The 2 command figures are metal command from NorthStar's Oathmark range, the others are from the splendid Conqueror Models range sculpted by Colin Patten. Tufts are from Leadbear's Tufts. 
I'm working on the next unit of goblins in between commissioned projects. I'm trying to be disciplined and finish all the Dwarves & Goblins before I buy any more :-) Mind you, I did buy a pack of wolves from Warbases in my recent order from them, something to accompany the goblins.

In another direction, I've purchased the Peter Dennis "Paperboys" book on AWI & plan to be snipping & gluing some troops for this period. It is one of those conflicts that interest me, but I can't bring myself to buy & paint the figures for it. I'm looking forward to his book on the Peninsular War too. Just need to find time to get to a stationers & purchase a ream of 100 gsm colour copying paper :-) 











8 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Love the pallet you've used with these. The shields are simple but divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tim, that's very kind of you :-)

      Delete
  2. Great looking unit. Fine work on the shields (and definitely pinning them to Middle Earth!). My only slight reservation with the conqueror minis is I feel they could do with just a little more beard! But that's just me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan. Yes they could do with a few more beards that need tucking in their belts :-)

      Delete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...