Sunday 8 April 2018

Dwarven Steel

Dwarves of Middle Earth. 
I have painted these up for my fledgling Middle Earth collection using a combination of metal miniatures from Conqueror Models and Oathmark Dwarven command from North Star Figures. Since purchasing these, Conqueror have also released their own Dwarven command figures which would be cool to pick up at some stage.

The shields are all freehand designs. The tufts are from Leadbear's Tufts.







Below are some pictures of the Oathmark Dwarven command figures (more will be included in future units).




I have painted them up in units of 12, that way they will be suitable for either Lion or Dragon Rampant. They can be used for other systems too, like the future Oathmark ruleset, or placed on movement/sabot bases for massed battle games.





I have completed a unit of 12 Goblins/Orcs to oppose them & am preparing my next unit of 12 Dwarves - alternating between them helps to keep it interesting :-)

All the best,
John.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful unit Jack, outstanding job on the beards and shields!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Phil, I'm looking forward to painting more of them :-)

      Delete
  2. Excellent work on this short ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, I do like a nice dwarf, and these definitely qualify! They make a great unit, and the oath mark ones are just different enough in style to stand out without looking out of place. Fantastic shields as well (as usual).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, glad you like the way they turned out :-) I have been applying paint to the next unit of Dwarves, great fun.

      Delete
  4. I eautiful paintwork as always I would collect dwarves if I could paint the like these boys...wonderful shields🙂🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, really enjoying painting up these wee chaps :-)

      Delete
  5. Nice work, particularly the shields.

    ReplyDelete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...