Saturday 18 April 2020

Anglo Saxon Collection...So Far

This is truly a hobby post, not a work related one - although the lines can get very blurry at times 😀
Here are some photos I took of my Anglo Saxon collection, painted over several years.
Lots of different manufacturers on display here - all metal.
The Anglo Saxons certainly are an area of special interest for me. I think if I was to collect another Dark Age army it might be Irish or perhaps something that could stand in for the Cornish - both significant parts of my ancestry. One of the cool things about the Anglo Saxons is that many of them can stand in for warriors in a Middle Earth setting - another genre I collect 😊 The eagle-eyed among you may even notice some GW Middle Earth miniatures in there which I have re-purposed as Anglo Saxons. There are also some Anglo Saxons with distinctly equine shield designs & banner 😉
I still have more to paint up when I'm not painting Dwarves & Orcs.














12 comments:

  1. Outstanding work...and most impressive pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Took the pictures on the old ping pong table in the garage which we use for wargaming.

      Delete
  2. Great photo's seeing them all together, a proper shieldwall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Yes they certainly seem more impressive all lined up like this :-)

      Delete
  3. A whole table of loveliness you definately need somebody to fight against them 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. I've used them in a Wessex vs Mercia game of Lion Rampant, those Anglo-Saxons were always fighting amongst themselves :-)

      Delete
  4. That is one magnificent collection you have there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, it's taken me a while, but it's been fun :-)

      Delete
  5. Fabulous project. Great painting of individuals and the massed effect of double ranks and long lines is impressive. I might repaint a couple of West Wind models after seeing your versions - much better colour choices than mine.

    ReplyDelete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...