Saturday 19 March 2011

Some pictures of WIP and recent stuff...

I have been busy taking and editing a few photos to put on the blog, unfortunately my camera is pretty basic, as are my photography skills, so any tips would be welcome. So here we go....

10mm Pendraken Austrians
Above are some 10mm Pendraken SYW Austrians which are on my painting table at the moment. They are not too bad to paint although I think I find 6mm and larger scales a tad easier, 10mm horse & musket stuff rates a bit higher on the 'fiddly to work with' scale for me.

10mm Pendraken SYW Command
Above is one of the figures from the command group, I think it's intended to be the standard bearer. The Prussians actually had the flag as part of the casting which was kind of chunky. I guess I will have to hand paint a paper flag or find something I can download and print off for this guy. Apologies for perhaps being too close up with image.

10mm Pendraken SYW Prussians
And again....

And back on....


Prussians, not running away...
These miniatures are painted using acrylics from Derivan, Vallejo and GW. Undercoat used was a pale grey artists acrylic gesso- it comes in a nice big jar. I tend to use grey undercoat on all my stuff now as I think that neutral shades tend to interfere a lot less with the colours which you place over the top. The Prussian flag is hand-painted and ok I guess. The figures are based forthe  Might & Reason ruleset on heavy card, the sort used for picture framing. The basing is done using PVA and fine sand which when dry is painted in usually four stages of earthy colours- I use tube acrylics for this part mostly. They are finished off with a bit of static flock. With my most of my figures I varnish with Jo Sonja's acrylic satin varnish, applied by brush. These miniatures are mounted on ice-lolly sticks for painting, although I don't usually work this way, most of the time I paint figures individually on an old vitamin bottle or similar- Baccus 6mm stuff is handy because it comes in strips and can be easily stuck on a bottle.

Well that will do for now, more to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...