Thursday 28 January 2016

Dad's Army WIP Part 9....Some well known personalities make their appearance

The ninth part thereof.......

In which we go from this:


To this:


This lot includes the bicycle troops and a number of civilian personalities - the Verger, Warden Hodges, the Vicar, a german disguised as a nun, Mrs Fox, old codger (could be Mr Blewitt), a policeman, and finally a female 5th columnist with bicycle.

You may notice that I have also done prep work on the rest of the figures and have managed to get some undercoat on Captain Mainwaring, Captain Square, and Jonesy.


I have used lots of "German" colours on the lady 5th Columnist, (she is clearly an enemy agent as she has a Luger in her carry basket, along with what could be a radio or explosive device). She has colours like German Camo Dark Green on her bicycle, a Panzer Yellow for her coat, a Field Grey hat, and so on. Mrs Fox has some fox like colours, reddish browns. The German disguised as a nun has very masculine features, and when you look at the face under magnification you can actually see dots of stubble sculpted on the chin - the final figure will have a 5 o'clock shadow.

I hope you enjoy today's installment :-)

All the best,

John.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing the nun done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if he is armed under that habit...."I didn't know the nun was loaded" :-)
      Even though I'm not in the habit of painting nuns, there's not much to it.

      Delete
  2. Great start on these fig's John! Take your time though as I am going to miss these updates when you are finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, but they will be there for posterity Rodg, and besides, you can always drop me a line if you have any questions.
      I think there will be a few more episodes yet, and then there will be the "official" photo shoot too. :-)

      Delete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...